
From the journals of Ernesto Guevara & his friend Alberto Granado as they travel through Latin America on an old motorcycle 'The Mighty One'.
This film gives you an exraordinary insight into the early life of a man who has become an iconic historical figure. From this point of view I really wanted to see this film, everyone has seen the iconic photograph that has been used for t-shirts, badges ect. But few who wear this image now anything about the man Che Guevara.
I first watched this film a few years ago, and could watch it very often, I love it.
I think it shows how this man would have become a reveloutionary, we go on this journey with him as he sees extreme poverty and disease. I think the film shows how powerful seeing poverty first hand can be on a person, in the film Ernesto Guevara says he is a changed man, the same me, but completely different at the same time. I resond more to this film now after travelling to some third world contries like Nepal, were they have nothing. I think for this man to try and do something about it is really inspirational, I think we need films like this to show young people whats important.
This film didn't have a massive budget, but that has not affected how it looks to the audience, it doesn't look cheap. It looks very real and the sense of colour is really wonderful to see. You feel like your on this exciting journey with these two close friends. I could watch this film every week and not get bored, because its a real story. Again, like JFK, this film makes me want to look more into Che Guevaras life. I think that a film is powerful if it makes you want to know more, and find out more about these historical figures.
No comments:
Post a Comment