Saturday, 25 October 2008

JFK -Oliver Stone


I had heard about this film for some time but had never seen it. I decided to watch it this weekend because of all the research we've been doing in Richard's screenwiting class about the upcoming US presidential elections. It is also a good film to watch after broadcasting News & Citizen Kane as it has shown me another prime example of media control and power over the people. This film shows the extent that the government will go to make you think exactly what they want you to think, by making you watch what they want, with a biased point of view. In this film they go as far as to edit photos and film, it really shows they can change any part of the truth whenever it suits them.
I liked the use of flashbacks, which were really well filmed in black & white, and the use of real footage from the day of JFK's assasination.
I find this type of film interesting to watch because like I said it makes you aware of the medias manipulation on the people but at the same time I fell for it again with this film, believeing exactly what I had seen here momentarily, that Oswald was framed ect. Again it is just another view on what 'could have' happened.
I am glad this film was made because in this way it makes you look at the facts and think for yourself, I after researched more into the assasination of the president. Films about these horrific events (like 9/11) are nessesary becasue they make sure these events are continually discussed and not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment