From an atmospheric point of view I don't think I've ever seen a film which is quite so detailed in every aspect of the look (the grand palace of Versallies, the pastel colours, vibrant fabrics ect...) I think this completely transports you another world within the palace of Versallies, a place full of material possesions and everything that symbolises glutony (the beautiful cakes, ruffles, diamonds, champagne ect...) I really found this film to be one of the most beautiful films to watch because of all this attention to detail. Everything is made up of these beautiful pastel shades of pink & blue, like french paintings of the time. every cake looks like a piece of art itself.
I found this film interesting as it uses new romantic pop music, which i don't think has really been done before. I don't think this choice works against the period of the film. I think in most cases it works really well (the men's costumes look straight out of music videos like Adam and the Ants. I think this is a very new way to approach a period drama about a legendary queen, but to me it shows her youth and that it doent matter which decade your from, your feelings of love, being trapped ect... transend time.
I think this film is a wonderful visually.
Thursday, 23 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment