Monday, 10 November 2008

"If this world is temporary, identity is an illusion, then everything is meaningless and it doesn't matter if you use petroleum..?"


Last night I watched 'I heart huckabees' directed by David O. Russel. This film is one of my favourite comedies EVER! I think it's hilarious, I like all films with Jason Schwartzman starring, he seems to choose his roles very wisely.
I thought I'd mention it in my blog because although it is very different to Donnie Darko, this films plot similaly deals with (among other things) philosophy and existence, the meaning of live and each individuals purpose. Its unusual to have a film that deals with these issues as a comedy but I think it works really well, this contrast makes the film have a very eccentric style. I think its a highly original film, and I really admire the screenplay by David O. Russel & Jeff Baena, its very clever & witty.

...I'd also like to mention how much I like the graphics used on the wonderful poster and advertising, they use squares a lot in the film to represent 'matter' so I like how thev'e encorporated this into the design. Also the coulours used on the poster show the exact colours used throughout the film, so if you like the look of the poster you'd definetly like the look of the film!-clever use of design to entise you...

No comments:

Post a Comment