These two movies were shown at Rushes Soho Shorts Festival 2005, the Best short film (Mercy) and the Best newcomer (Who do you Love?)Mercy, by Candida Scott-Knight, centers “around the daily grind of a young boy who is living in a modern day hell. His mother is a heroine addict who uses prostitution to pay for her habit and he is bullied at school.
”Who do you Love?, by Jim McRoberts, sees a little girl in a similar situation. Living in extreme poverty, her mother uses (and abuses) her to make a living.

I've found most short films we watch are very uninspiring, I much prefer the graphic design film entries, music videos, and the adverts which are very interesting to watch especially as they're split into prize catagories for cinematography, editing ect...
The two I'd like to mention are the advert winning the most awards which was Johnathan Glazer's Ice Skating Priests for Stella Artois (I've noticed Stella Artois put a lot of time and money into their advertising, they win many awards) For this advert they won Best Director, Best Casting & Best Use of Recorded Music.


And the prize for Best editing went to Richard Orrick @ Whitehouse for Road To Lisbon, again Sports companies (like Adidas) put a lot of money into advertising, This advert is amazing in it's editing, it has really good rythym which works extremely well with the rythym of the football being played similtaniously.
No comments:
Post a Comment